The Path to Salvation: A Manual of Spiritual Transformation
is back-ordered. We will ship it separately in 10 to 15 days.
Saint Theophan the Recluse (1802-1894), the most popular spiritual writer of 19th century Russia, was a modern-day interpreter of the ancient wisdom of the Christian East. A brilliant spiritual psychologist, he taught not from theory but from personal experience of the interior life of the spirit and the action of Divine Grace. In this book, his crowing achievement, he offers precise and detailed instructions on such ultimate matters as:
- How to separate from one's thoughts and emotions and thus be free of compulsive thinking and behavior.
- How to face and eradicate the evil in one's heart.
- How to gather one's spirit within the heart, thus protecting it from outside influences and allowing Christ to cleanse and heal it.
- How to acquire Grace - the uncreated Energy and Power of God - and be recreated by it into the likeness of Christ.
- How to find "the Kingdom of Heaven within you" and dwell in the Grace of Christ throughout eternity.
Translated by Fr. Seraphim Rose and the St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood
|Publisher:||St. Paisius Monastery|
|Product Dimensions:||5.5 x 8 x 1 inches|